Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Who Am I?

My Experience:

For someone my age, I would say I have a decent amount of work experience for the field that I intend to end up in someday. I have always been passionate about clothes and making people look and feel good, so I have always geared what I applied for towards that. 2 of my best jobs have been working at J. Crew and now working at Lizard Thicket. J. Crew was the first job I ever truly enjoyed, it taught me professionalism, organization and how to deal with customers as if they were your friends and you truly cared about them. Now, I work for a smaller company called Lizard Thicket where I am the store merchandiser as well as a shift-lead. I have learned how to lead a team towards a goal, what it feels like to move up within a company, how and why things are placed in a certain way within a store and so much more! I intend to work at Lizard Thicket post-graduation and hopefully continue to move up within the company, seeing as it is still a growing business. 
All the experience that I have had within retail has just further proven to me that this is the field that I want to go into. I don't have any concrete plans for my life thus far, but I know I want those plans to involve having a family and helping women feel good about themselves and their appearance. 


A typical J. Crew location, they have a very preppy and structured style that was interesting for me to work with but not exactly how I am used to dressing. 


All Lizard Thicket locations have their own flare to them. I like how the company is set in its morals and company goals but it allows for wiggle room when it comes to layouts and visuals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment